The parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England.
In particular we are committed to: –
• The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability.
• Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed.
• Co-operating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation.
• Ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse.
• Extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them.
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111.
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222.
We have also appointed:
Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator Malcolm Underdown 739365
Parish Children's Advocate Beth Lloyd 737902
Parish Deputy Children's Advocate Andy Haines 630726
all of whom can be contacted in confidence.
Alternatively you may contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team see link here or:
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Elaine Rose 01233 720930 / 07831 860218
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Paul Brightwell 01732 384734 / 07398 009951