The parochial church council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England.
In particular we are committed to: –
• The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• Carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability.
• Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed.
• Co-operating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation.
• Ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse.
• Extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them.
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111.
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222.
You may also contact:
Vicar Rev John Corbyn 01622 737135 Email
Church Warden Peter Richardson 07818 403313 Email
Church Warden Andrew Knatchbull 07920 134055 Email
We have also appointed:
Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator Malcolm Underdown 01622 739365 Email
Parish Children's Advocate Beth Lloyd 01622 737902 Email
Parish Deputy Children's Advocate Andy Haines 01622 630726 Email
all of whom can be contacted in confidence.
Alternatively you may contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team see link here or:
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Fiona Coombs 07548 232395 Email
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Paul Brightwell 07398 009951 Email
Click here for a copy of our full Safeguarding Policy, appendices are also available below: